Many have come in God’s authority and have deceived the majority. This has been prophesied in God’s Word, the Bible, to come upon the world from the very beginning to the end.
Just as Eve was deceived by the serpent, so it says in the last book of the Bible, that “Old Serpent” has deceived the whole world. (Gen 3:13; Rev 12:9)
Let’s begin by looking at just a few things that have been said by God’s Son and His servants, the Prophets in His Word.
“Many shall come in My Name”
Jesus/Y’hoshua was asked by his disciples, what would be the signs of the end of the age. He answered them and said:
“Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name/authority, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many… many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many (the majority). And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.”
Jesus/Y’hoshua (Matt 24:4-5, 10-12)
“And there shall be others of those who are outside our number who name themselves bishop and also deacons, as if they have received their authority from God…” The Apostle Peter
“… you who are men, clothe yourselves more elegantly than women getting married… everywhere arraying yourselves in majesty, in magnificence, in authority, and in silver; but gold, purple, honor, and wealth, like water, flow away.” The Prophet Enoch
“And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” (Revelation 17:4-5)
“You have made the Commandment of God of no effect by your tradition… teaching for doctrine the commandments of men.” Jesus/Y’hoshua (Math 15:3-9)
Papal claims of divine authority
The Catechism of the Catholic Church states:
“…Of course, all that has been said about the manner of interpreting Scripture is ultimately subject to the judgment of the Church which exercises the divinely conferred commission and ministry of watching over and interpreting the Word of God.” 119
Theocracy is defined as a form of government in which a deity, or religious institution, is the source from which all authority derives. A system of government in which priests rule in the name of God or a god.
Current Theocracies include Vatican City (“Holy” See)
In 1929, the Lateran Treaty or Concordat was signed with Italian dictator, Benito Mussolini, and the papal representative, Eugenio Pacelli (Pope Pius XII aka “Hitler’s Pope“). With it, the Papal States of the Vatican was formally created and recognized as an independent state. The head of the Vatican is the pope, Bishop of Rome, as the Supreme Pontiff (Pontifex Maximus), elected by the College of Cardinals. The god of Rome is Jupiter, aka Zeus. This is the authority and theocracy of the papacy.
God’s Word is addressed to Israel
The Bible, God’s Word, in every sense, is addressed solely to the twelve tribes of the House of Israel from beginning to end. God has not forsaken His people, Israel! They have been scattered throughout the face of the earth, devoured and oppressed by the “beasts of the field,” deceived and led astray by wicked shepherds. (Ezek 34, Jer 50:6) But in the end, those who will return to God will be gathered together.
God’s Promise to Israel
“I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto you (Moses), and will put My Words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My Words which he shall speak in My Name, I will require it of him.” Deuteronomy 18:18-19
“But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in My Name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.” Deuteronomy 18:20
How do we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?
“When a prophet speaks in the Name of the LORD, if the word doesn’t follow (isn’t contained in His Word), nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken, but the prophet has spoken it presumptuously: you shall not reverence him nor assemble to him.” Deuteronomy 18:22
“Beloved, don’t believe every spirit/word, but try the spirits/words whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” Apostle John – 1 John 4:1
Things spoken of presumptuously which are NOT in the Bible or God’s Word:
- The authority of the papacy and the Roman institution he represents is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The “Vicar of Christ” is not in the Bible or God’s Word
- “Supersessionism” is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The “Apostolic Succession” claimed by the Roman Catholic Church is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The doctrine of “Rapture” is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The veneration of Mary, Jesus’ mother is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The “Assumption of Mary” is not in the Bible or God’s Word
- The Immaculate Conception is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The “Virgin Birth” is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- Jesus is God is not in the Bible or God’s Word
- “Permission” to venerate idols is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The idea that everyone has a “guardian angel” is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- Most beliefs recited in the Apostles Creed are not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- Praying the Rosary is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- Transubstantiation is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The “Perpetual Adoration” of the Eucharist is not in the Bible or God’s Word
- Celebration of Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, et. al.
- The ritualistic Sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church are not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The “Lord’s Day” is Sunday is not in the Bible or God’s Word
- The dogma of Indulgences is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- The teaching that Jesus/Y’hoshua died for all the sins of the world and now murderers, pedophile priests and criminals can go to heaven is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- A requirement to pay tithes to false prophets is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
- Abraham was descended from the Chaldeans is not in the Bible or God’s Word
- The land in the Middle East, now called “Israel,” is the ‘Promised Land‘ flowing with ‘milk and honey’ is not in the Bible or God’s Word
- Abraham founded the “Abrahamic Religions“: Judaism, “Christianity” (Catholicism), and Islam is not in the Bible or God’s Word
- “The Church” being referred to as the Roman Catholic Church is not in the Bible or God’s Word.
Testing a Prophet of God
“He whom God has sent speaks the words of God…” John the Baptist (John 3:34)
“He that is of God hears God’s words...” Jesus/Y’hoshua (John 8:47)
You have God’s Word on it!